It worked fabulously! And since I'm participating in Thing-A-Day again this year, it doubled as my "thing" that I created for today. And so without further a-do, may I present to you....
Danielle's Banana Oat Bran Cookies!
- 1-1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1-1/4 cup oat bran (I used Old Wessex brand)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl (flour through nuts). Create a well in the middle and set aside.
- Combine last 3 ingredients in small bowl (bananas through brown sugar). Pour into well in dry ingredients and combine, making sure not to over-stir.
- Using a spoon, scoop about 1.5-2" dollups of batter onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes, rotate cookie sheet 180 degrees, cook for another 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before moving to cooling rack.
These cookies are pretty darn good - and they passed the ever-important "Husband Taste Test". If you try them, let me know how yours turn out!