I worked from home again on Wednesday (thanks Snow-Storm-That-Wasn't!) which meant I got my pick of whatever struck my fancy at the moment for lunch again. I decided to make myself a small sandwich with just a few simple ingredients that we had in the fridge. And now - I share it with you!
Boursin Breakfast Sammich
- 1 slice of your favorite bread (I used Nature's Pride Double Fiber Whole Wheat)
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters
- 1/2 tablespoon Boursin Garlic & Herb Spread
- Place bread in toaster to your preferred toast setting
- Pour Egg Beaters in microwave safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute in microwave, flip in bowl, cook for additional 30 seconds.
- When toast pops, cut in half and immediately spread Boursin on one of the halfs.
- Remove egg from bowl and put on toast. Make into a sandwich.
This sounds incredibly simple, but it is so stinkin' good and the way that I made it is only 160 calories. Steve was released from work early and went to the gym while I worked; I made him one when he got back. He was sure to let me know that it was "stellar". I also tweeted about the sandwich after I took a bite and realized it was delicious - and it was re-tweeted by Natures_Pride (the bread people) with the comment "Nice Combo!". I thought that was pretty darn cool too, especially considering I didn't even know that they had a Twitter account.
Try it out yourself and let me know what you think!