Monday, January 18, 2010

What's for Lunch on a Snow Day?

Today we experienced a bit of a snow storm - 7.5 inches of the heavy, wet stuff - so rather than risk my neck on the roads I opened my laptop and worked from home.


Generally speaking, I dislike working from home. I don't get as motivated to be productive (especially when my husband has the day off completely and is in the other room playing video games... lucky...). I don't have all of my files. I don't have unlimited printing access. It's just not conducive - at least in my current job - for me to be productive AND work at home.

There is one good thing about working from home though - I don't have to pack my lunch, I can just get up and get it or make it. This usually allows me to be a bit creative. Today I made a super yummy lunch using just 4 of my usual "on-hand" ingredients.




I used these in the following proportions and in the following manner:
  • 2 oz. Ronzoni Smart Taste (cooked to al dente)
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Classico Tomato & Basil Sauce (stirred in to drained pasta and brought to temperature)
  • 1 tbsp Hormel Real Bacon pieces (stirred in with sauce & pasta and warmed up)
  • 2 tbsp 4C Parmesan Cheese (1 tbsp stirred in with pasta, 1 tbsp sprinkled on top)
This provided me with the perfect tasty little lunch. I highly recommend it to you the next time you're snowed in and working from home!


1 comment:

erica said...

Pasta looks aaaaamazing!