Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bedside Manner

A while ago, I realized that we had this great plant that needed sunlight. The problem was that we didn't have a stand to put the plant on, so I moved what I was using as a night stand into the front room so that we could use it as a plant stand. I realized quickly that I was going to run into an "Ernie Breaks the Cookie Jar" problem if I wasn't careful.



Classic.

Anyways... so for a while rather than moving everything around and running into that dilemma, I just left the space empty. This meant that my current book(s) and my box of tissues were permanently on the floor, and if I had my phone or glasses with me at bedtime those ended up on the floor as well.

 

Today I went to the Christmas Tree Shop on the hunt for something to put on my side of the bed that would be a bit better and neater than just throwing things on the floor. I will say - the Christmas Tree Shop never lets me down. For $12.99, I got a 4-shelf bookcase, and for $6.99 I got a cute small lamp. Not only did I solve the problem of the floor clutter, I also found a way to not have to have Steve get out of bed and turn the light off every time I'm reading and he's not.


I haven't even taken advantage of this before-sleep convenience, and I'm slightly more content already. Not only did I get these things, I scored 6 skeins of Lion Brand Suede yarn for $1.29/each and 4 different sets of notecards for $1.00 or under. Don't you just love a bargain?

1 comment:

Nikki Neurotic said...

One thing I need in my bedroom is a nightstand. As soon as my brother and dad set up my bed here I demanded they leave room so I could put a nightstand next to me.