Monday, May 16, 2011

Knit One...

I'm having one of those seasons where I really feel like God is trying to drill something into my head. For the last couple of weeks, I feel like no matter where I turn, the following verses keep appearing:

13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well. 
- Psalm 139:13-14
 
Sitting in Financial Peace University last week for our last class: there it was, out of Dave Ramsey's mouth, with an added visual of a grandmother sitting in a chair knitting or crocheting.

Looking over some of the things I've lost track of in my Google reader: there it was as a Bible Gateway verse of the day.

Youth group? It was in the notes of the message that Elyse delivered last week (and I'm sure in her message as well, but I had to miss group for a business trip).


I'll admit... I have no idea why this is seeming to become a theme in my life right now, this bit of scripture. All I know is that it keeps appearing recently... and I have a feeling it won't be quitting any time soon. Again - I have no idea why God is pressing me towards these verses, but I know what I need to do with them.

Last year I was at a Living Proof Ministries event and Beth Moore talked to the room full of 2500 women about what it means to cherish. What it means to be treasuring things in our hearts and keeping them close to us. Beth highlighted two times specifically when Mary observed a situation and treasured it and held it close to her heart, both in Luke chapter 2.

But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 
(Luke 2:19, after the shepherds spread word of Jesus' birth.)

Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. 
(Luke 2:51, after Jesus is found as a teenager in the temple after his parents had been looking for Him for 3 days)

Did Mary know why she needed to treasure these things? No. She just knew her Son was special.

Did Mary treasure them and keep them close to her anyways? Were the meaning of these things revealed as time progressed? Absolutely - on both counts. 

I have no idea why God is sending me these verses that David wrote so long ago. I have no idea why they are present in my life right now, at this time, while the events and things that are going on are going on. But I know they're there. I feel that these words' presence is incredibly intentional.

So I pray that God will reveal His plan for me in His time. I pray that I can keep these words close. I file them away in my treasure file, along with a few other moments that I've felt that nudging about. I pray I'll have patience while whatever it is that He's got going on works out. 

I've never liked waiting for surprises.

I trust in His will for me, I trust that He will reveal His plan. His beautiful and wonderfully made plan for beautiful and wonderfully made me. 

No comments: