Thursday, February 17, 2011

Top 5 - Favorite Guster Tunes

Maybe it's because I still haven't gotten over the buzz from seeing them live back in September, but I've had Guster songs in the back of my head recently. I'll randomly start singing one when I walk around the house, and get a bit excited when I hear them pop up on my Pandora streaming music at work. If you've not ever heard of Guster - in my humble opinion you're missing out. In fact - for those of you who haven't heard their music before, take the time to watch the below. You'll enjoy it.

Danielle's Top 5 Guster Tunes
(in no particular order)

Demons: This is probably one of the songs I've caught myself singing the most recently. My guess as to why is that it was one of the songs that they performed when I saw them, and it's been stuck in my inner-brain playlist since then. I guess there are worse things, right?



Center of Attention: This song is one of my favorite songs to belt out in the car. A few years ago, I got a cool bonus when we saw the Barenaked Ladies and Adam Gardner came out and joined BNL in singing this song. I believe this was also played in September, but I wouldn't guarantee that. That could be wishful, made-up memories.



Mona Lisa: This is one that never made it to the radio, but it's one of those songs that when I'm down somehow singing it is like venting and I start feeling better. My favorite line from the chorus is "I used to sit and watch the pouring rain..." - for some reason that always hits... something. You know? Maybe not. Either way - awesome song.



Scars & Stitches: And here we have a song that for a while was quoted in my profiles across the intertubes. "I don't mind falling down and scraping up my knees, scars & stitches always fade and only strengthen me." Self-explanatory, and a great attitude to have towards the bumps & bruises life will bring. Pick up, learn, move forward with a positive attitude.



Do You Love Me?: This song is newer, but I think it's super fun. It's bouncy, catchy, and for some reason makes me want summer to be here. Probably because I'll buy it on the iTunes, burn it to a CD, and blast it with the windows open. "I wanna find out what it means... do you looooooove me?" Fun times!



Those are my 5 favorite Guster tunes, though I have to admit there were a few that I had to waffle on... "Amsterdam", "Happier", and "Stay With Me Jesus" were also on the list. Search for those on YouTube if you're interested in hearing more Guster.

If you're a Guster fan - what are your favorites? If you haven't heard Guster before and are a music fan - have I sparked your interest?

No comments: